2/17/11

Save the Dates




I suppose I haven't mentioned this yet, but I'm getting married in July (!) and just sent out save the dates.  As a designer, I obviously am focused on the design-related elements of the event.  Since my fiancé and I are are not originally from New York, our save the date concept is the idea of Brooklyn as a destination.  Instead of a magnet or stationary, we decided to send a postcard from our city. 

In approaching this self-representative project, which is a daunting task much like designing your own portfolio, I decided to go with my instincts and a specific typeface with which I had recently fallen madly in love.  Since we will be married in Dumbo on a July Saturday near the waterfront, Manhattan skyline in view, my save the dates reflect the atmosphere and mood of the setting, as well as the laid-back, Brooklynite viewpoint of my fiance and I.

...Stay tuned for our invites.  Since I never have an opportunity to letterpress, I plan to kill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment